“Things will be some way.”
This is my favourite phrase at the moment. It was gently relayed to me by a valued friend who is a natural teacher and whose wisdom has helped me get through recent turmoil with more grace than I felt myself capable of having. It is a beautiful expression, because it implies an acceptance of whatever fate has in store for us, a gradual letting go of things we cannot control. And so, as she promised it would be, my conflict has resolved itself, perhaps not in the way I might have preferred, but I accept the outcome and sincerely wish my former friend all the best in his healing journey.
“Things will be some way.”
Truthfully, things are quite good. The month has quickly gone by, and an overall calm has washed over me. With the last of my major conflicts well behind me now, I feel very optimistic about the future because there is much to look forward to.
The school year is ending on a high note: I am surrounded by colleagues who are as kind as the best ones I left behind at my last one, and my principal has threatened to kill me should I make any move to leave. Isn’t that just the loveliest pronouncement on her part? My knees are thankful that the school only has one floor, and I am grateful that I have found a work environment that is civilized and in which I am fitting in gradually but surely.
Physically, I’ve never felt stronger or more fit. The aquafit and aerobic classes are beginning to make a difference in how I look, but much more important is how I am feeling. I have more energy, and seem to have developed muscles that didn’t exist a mere five months ago. The next step is to be just a bit more conscious and careful with my eating habits, and a transformation may yet occur. Seriously, I am hoping for better health above all else, and seem to be heading in the right direction. Go me!
Ed Sheeran performing "I See Fire", June 6th, 2015.
On a musical note, having just seen Ed Sheeran blow the roof off the Air Canada Centre last night, there are plenty of great live shows coming our way in the next few months: Mumford and Sons next week, hopefully a chance to see Rush two days later if last-minute tickets open up, then Imagine Dragons in July. Once September rolls around, we will see Robert Plant, Ed Sheeran, Passenger, and Frank Turner all in the same week. My ears and my heart will be in heaven.
A wonderful evening being entertained by Foy Vance and Ed Sheeran.
On a social level, I am looking forward to the summer holidays so that I can catch up with friends, family, and the most important person in my life, my long-neglected husband. We are planning a lot of get togethers and meet-ups with people we care about, and I look forward to many gatherings filled with great food and drink, and excellent company. One of our weeks, starting on the last day of school, involves a trip down to the U.S. to visit with my in-laws in Atlanta, as well as a planned detour southward to meet two online friends we've never met: I am excited about the very real possibility of shenanigans with this pair.
Creatively, I am longing for the summer because it will bring with it warm, sunny days that I hope to spend on the deck getting back to my great loves of reading and writing. The ability to finish the last novel in my four-part series has eluded me for two years now, but I now have all the information and details to give it my best effort. I have always felt that things come in their own time, and while I regret so much of the pain and conflict that brought me to where I am today, at least it will be cathartic to throw some of the insights into the story and eventually publish the final instalment.
The land of the unicorns awaits!
Loch Lomond.
The spectacular pass at Glencoe.
And to close the book on wonderful things to look forward to, the summer will end with a return trip to my beloved Scotland. Once again, majestic landscapes will take my breath away at every turn, and I will have adventures and gatherings with good friends I love like family. I’ve stopped wondering why I feel such mad love for the land of the unicorns and have decided to just accept that it too is part of those things which “will be some way.”





5 comments:
Beautifully written and even more beautiful too see your transformation in the calm. As Frank Sinatra might sing, You did it Some Way...... <3
Thanks, Ronzi. xx
As always, Anne-Marie, you write so beautifully about such personal aspects of your life. i wish I had even half your skill at writing so sensitively. I found this a very moving post, and yes, things will be some way. i too have learnt that through some painful experiences, all of which are now resolved. Bless you! Enjoy your summer. Your deserve it!
PS sorry for the typos. Still getting used to this wonderful new iPad K gave me for my birthday 😉
I'm so glad your experiences are all resolved too, Val. Thanks for the kind words. xx
Post a Comment