Sunday, November 22, 2015

Ian Rankin Comes to Town

I have been a massive fan of Ian's Rankin Rebus series since the publication of its first appearance on the literary landscape back in 1987 with the debut novel "Knots and Crosses". Rankin was my contemporary, and along with the equally prolific Dennis Lehane, he convinced me that our generation could achieve great things in the world of books and storytelling. He is also, like me, a huge fan of music and of the city of Edinburgh.

Last Wednesday, I had the great fortune of listening to him speak at our central library's Bluma Appel Salon, which was then followed by a book signing to celebrate the release of the 20th Rebus novel, "Even Dogs in the Wild."

I wrote a review of the evening, which appears in full on my other website. You can enjoy reading it by clicking on the link just above my photo with Ian.

Ian Rankin review




2 comments:

Vallypee said...

I shall have to scurry over and read your review now, Anne Marie. I am beyond jealous....xxx

Anne-Marie said...

I'm sorry, Val!!!! xx