Thursday, July 27, 2006

The wonderful Val and Koos!













Coming to Rotterdam to meet Val and Koos was always going to be one of the many highlights of this trip for me. Val is one of my blog sisters, and she is absolutely right when she states that we are connected in so many ways. I knew she and Koos would be ab fab, and we had a glorious day with them in idyllic surroundings- the harbour where they live is beautiful, and it was wonderful to see so many sights with my own eyes- the barges, the barge repair shop, the lovely Sindy, who just behaved so well and was adorable, the painted bucket, not to mention Val's animal portraits.



Val's blog entry has completely captured the day, with lovely photographs. All I can add to it is that she is as lovely as I imagined she would be, smart, funny, and generous, just like Koos, who has that spark in his eye that you know means you could easily all get engaged into some high jinx. They are a charming couple, and I was very sad this morning to have needed to leave for Amsterdam. I do love the city I am in, but I wish we had had more time together- the conversation flowed so easily, the rapport was instantaneous and so natural.

Gypsy, you are right that bloggers are an open and generous group- I have found nothing but this since we arrived in London, both from this small band of Who/Rachel/Pete fans as well as from our encounters with Austin's computer bloggers. It has truly been a marvellous trip- appropriate endings to some chapters, and new doors being opened.

Thank you Val, Koos, and Sindy- we loved being with you yesterday.

9 comments:

Vallypee said...

Gulp! Lump in throat. Can't speak. Sniff. Wish you were still here xxx

Vallypee said...

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to come here too, Anne Marie. We were very very chuffed that you went out of you way to come to Rotterdam. The pleasure was all ours, and we hope very sincerely that we will be able to repeat it on your side of the ocean before too long. Take lots of care till then!
Love
Val and Koos

Koos F said...

Wish it could have lasted longer!
Hardly know a thing about your wonderful sister's background, except that she has a smile to make you melt on the spot.

Wouldn't mind joining Rob in his rig, travelling across Canada and the US, what a way of life, such a friendly man.

And all the wonderful things you say about us... it takes two to know two.

gypsy noir said...

anne marie you can tell by the pictures and yours and vals writings on the matter that it was indeed a superb visit..but i always knew that this would be the case..you are all such warm friendly genuine people..of course dale and myself couldn't help but turn strange shades of green...but were over the moon to hear that it all went swimmingly...pun!...

Alecia said...

That so great you all got to connect in person. Enojy the rest of your trip!

Dale said...

I knew you'd have a lovely time with Val and Koos!

I can't wait to meet you all, too.

For me I only have Pete and Rachel to thank for opening me up to this world of blogging.

I have met so many great souls!

Thanks AM and too bad I will miss you when we go down east in August.

Love
Dale

Metalchick said...

That's cool that you got to meet Val & Koos. I hope to meet all of you guys too.

Mary Beth said...

Sounds like a great time, Anne-Marie. We must meet up sometime - we're much closer than Europe to each other! :)

Marietta Zervou said...

Hello Anne Marie,

I haven't met Val, but from her posts and comments I knew she must be ab fab! I've met Koos and he is adorable, I agree!!!

I'm off to Greece tomorrow and I'll take lots of pics to post when I come back.
Hey how about next year you come to Spetses for the summer?

See ya, enjoy the rest of your vacation
xoxoxo
M